How Long Does It Take to Install a Fiberglass Pool?
If you are thinking of building a swimming pool, you certainly want to know how long it will take. The great thing about fiberglass swimming pools is they have a fast turnaround time and you could be swimming in your new pool in as little as 3-7 days! Most standard projects take between 2-4 weeks based on a variety of factors that you should account for prior to starting the project.
Some things that can effect the installation of your fiberglass pool:
- Weather: No way to tell what may be thrown at the crew during the installation
- Permit: Depends on the local requirements
- Excavation, Set, Backfill: 2+ days depending on rock, access to the dig site, etc.
- Concrete Pour: Usually a quick 2-3 days
Things to Know When Planning Your New Inground Fiberglass Pool Project
Choose The Pool Model To Suit Your Needs
Pools come in all shapes and sizes, there are different pools for different lifestyles. Recreational pools are shallow at one end and deep on the other. They also come in a variety of different shapes, with the most common choice being the standard rectangle or freestyle designs.
Lap pools use a common rectangle shape similar to Olympic pools, but are narrower, which makes it ideal for training and exercise.
Swim spas are ideal if you want a pool that generates artificial currents.
The Fiberglass Swimming Pool Installation Process
Aquamarine Pools uses our time-tested protocols for installing your pool:
- The pool layout is carefully marked for precision. Set and level the pool.
- The dig begins the process for perfection.
- The hole is carefully prepared to achieve the proper shape and depth.
- A crushed stone base is used for the foundation of the pool.
- The pool is set in place.
- The pool is now filled with water and the crushed stone backfill process begins.
- The proper plumbing and electrical equipment is installed.
- Rebar for concrete is laid with proper footings around pool and bond beam.
- The concrete or stone is poured around the pool.
- Your new fiberglass pool is ready for years of enjoyment.
Learn more: See some of our pool installation videos
When ready to get started, give us a call at 800-432-8994, or submit a FREE POOL QUOTE REQUEST (aquapools.com/free-pool-quote).